Registered Nurse (Northwestern)
Our office at Northwestern is looking for a full time RN for a Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 schedule. New grads and experienced nurses both welcome.
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Assists physician and identifies patient care requirements.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains continuity with team by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Medical - Urological
- Collects urine sample and follows established procedures for testing samples.
- Provides patient care in the outpatient (clinical) setting by performing independent post operative care and coordination of patient care management for a variety of urology indications.
- Administers comprehensive physical assessment, including gathering patient medical history, complaints and symptoms, patient vitals, blood pressure, temperature, height and weight
- Performs diagnostic procedures such as bladder scans when required.
- Assist in the operating room for minor office procedures, to include, but not limited to, Foley insertion, BCG or other bladder instillations.
- Performs phelobotomy when required.
- Required : Associates degree from an accredited Nursing School
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Recent graduates are ok to apply.
Licenses and Certifications
- Required : State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
UroPartners is a privately held, premier healthcare group covering over 600 miles of the Chicagoland area. UroPartners is the second largest urology group practice in the country with more than 60 physicians, and nearly 400 employees. Our physicians offer outstanding urological care at over 30 Chicagoland offices, 35 hospitals, two radiation prostate treatment centers, and a pathology lab. Our hospital affiliations include but are not limited to: Advocate Health Care, AMITA, North Shore University Health System, Northwestern Medicine, Presence Health, and Rush Health System. Our focus is to provide world-class Urological care and the best experience for our patients.