Registered Nurse (RN)
Flatirons Health & Rehab is looking for qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to help improve the lives of the patients. Ideally, this person will be a problem solver, value hard work and good working relationships, have great communication skills and be organized.
Our health and rehabilitation center is a 48 bed skilled nursing facility specializing in short stay rehabilitation. Our facility is designed to provide rehabilitation with the essence of home and family in mind. We have implemented a new non-institutional model that families respond confidently that their relatives and loved ones are in supportive and comforting environments. Our model is inspired by the care we would provide for our own families.
We have a mission of "Improve Lives. Exceeding Expectations." Our vision is to maintain a culture of excellence by delivering to our patients and families the most knowledgeable, timely and compassionate care possible. None of this would be achievable without our guiding virtues:
- Inspire Faith, Hope, and Love
- Building Trusting and Meaningful Relationships
- Make it Safe so there is Peace of Mind
- Be Enthusiastic, Playful, and Fun
- Be Creative and Innovative
- Embrace and Inspire Positive Change
- Build a Positive Team with Spirit
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Be Responsible and Follow Through
- Practice Humility and Compassion
The RN position is highly valued at Flatirons Health & Rehab. We offer healthcare benefits and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. Compensation will be negotiated as necessary.
Employee is required to manage, administer & record the care given to residents. The RN is directly responsible for assuring that all staff under their supervision complies with the facility mission and provides good customer service including being attentive and compassionate to all residents, their families, and other staff members. The RN monitors and implements the resident care plans and is responsible for the direct supervision of CNAs.
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Provide management and nursing care to patients.
- Assure all medications and treatments are administered as ordered in a timely fashion according to facility policies and schedules.
- Monitor work of caregivers in each house to ensure that their assignments are completed and assist with tasks as needed.
- Participate in shift change report and passes on information to next shift.
- Development, revision, and accuracy of patient care plans.
- Record and monitor progress of patients and communicate with physicians according to facility policies.
- Be a liaison for primary physicians, nursing staff, and families of patients.
- Transfer and discharge patients with appropriate and accurate information.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal requirements including bloodborne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control and fire safety.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance to patient rights.
- Ensure adequate staff is available on nursing units.
- Ensure that nursing service work areas, patient rooms, treatment areas, etc. are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that procedures for storage and control of medication and supplies are being followed.
- Follow through on patient incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to a supervisor.
- May be delegated/assigned to he "charge nurse" by the Director of Nursing or Unit Manager. Therefore is responsible and supervises the nursing activities in the facility during assigned shift in accordance with Federal, State, and facility guidelines and regulations. The charge nurse delegates responsibility to nursing personnel for the direct nursing care of specific residents during each shift.
- Current State Registered Nurse license.
- Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop & maintain good working relationships with co-workers & other departments.
- Employee must be able to perform in such a way to build good working habits & relationships among the staff that they manage as well as other departmental staff.
- Employee is required to handle employees in a manner that assists them in their ability to function effectively.
- Must be knowledgeable of and follow the Nurse Practice Act as well as state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Must have the skills to plan, organize, and prioritize and problem solve and make decisions that are necessary for providing quality patient care.
Flatirons Health & Rehab is a 48 bed skilled nursing facility located in Louisville specializing in short stay rehabilitation. Our facility is designed to provide rehabilitation with the essence of home and family in mind. We have implemented a new non-institutional model that families respond confidently that their relatives and loved ones are in a supportive and comforting environment. Our model is inspired by the care we would provide for our own families. When it is all said and done, everything we do is engineered to Improve Lives and Exceed Expectations!
Flatirons Health & Rehab offers competitive rate of pay with a comprehensive benefit package including affordable health, dental and vision insurance within 60 days of hire, paid time off, holiday pay, 401(k) with a company match.