RN - Care Manager: UM, Home Health
WHAT DOES THE JOB ENTAIL?
Are you an RN with former utilization management experience + willing to visit members in their homes 50% of the time? This is NOT a remote position. You will need to work in the office the remainder of the time. Keep reading...
In this position, a Registered Nurse performs care management duties to assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of medical and supporting services across the continuum of care for select members to promote quality, cost effective care.
- Assess the member's current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider options
- Utilize assessment skills and discretionary judgment to develop plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals and interventions designed to meet member's needs and promote desired outcomes
- Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
- Provide patient and provider education
- Facilitate member access to community based services
- Monitor referrals made to community based organizations, medical care and other services to support the members overall care management plan
- Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
- Identify related risk management quality concerns and report these scenarios to the appropriate resources.
- Case load will reflect heavier weighting of complex cases than Care Manager I, commensurate with experience
- Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into various medical management systems
- Direct care to participating network providers
- Perform duties independently, demonstrating advanced understanding of complex care management principles.
- Participate in case management committees and work on special projects related to case management as needed
- 50% field position, with remaining work required in the office (NOT a remote position.)
- Current states RN license
- Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- 2+ years of clinical nursing experience in a clinical, acute care, or community setting
- 1+ years of case management experience in a managed care setting
- Knowledge of utilization management principles and healthcare managed care
- Experience with medical decision support tools (i.e. Interqual, NCCN) and government sponsored managed care programs.
EXCEPTIONAL Benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account!
Outstanding Career ADVANCEMENT
ABOVE-market Compensation, upward mobility!
Nexus Healthcare specializes in the search and placement of Physician and Nurse executives for Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare companies and integrated delivery systems across the country.
Our boutique firm has successfully placed Chief Medical Officers, Medical Directors, Behavioral Health Medical Directors, VP Operations and Nurse Executives for Medicare and Medicaid HMOs, PBM's, and National Insurance companies across the nation.
Take a look at our web site for the latest job opportunities.