Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence RN
Job Type: Full-time
- RN: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree Nursing
- Wound, Ostomy, and ontinence nurse certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Shall have graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an Associate Degree of Nursing. Experience: (3 years/BSN, 5 years/ADN)
- Must possess a valid unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any US state/territory.
- Wound, Ostomy, and Continence nurse certification is required with 1 year of wound care experience within the last three years.
- WOCN shall maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- WOCN shall possess a good working knowledge of computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Outlook email and internet skills. They shall possess ability to use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patients information, from a variety of sources to include Composite Healthcare System CHCS, Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and integrated clinical database (ICDB). Contractor shall be proficient and independent in data entry within 2 months of start date. Specific Tasks
- WOCN shall utilize the nursing process to initiate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care of patients with stomas, fistulas, draining wounds, incontinence, pressure ulcers, skin problems and functional disorders of the bowel and bladder.
- WOCN shall plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the nursing care of outpatients with stomas, complex fistulas, pressure ulcers, tube management, urinary diversions and a wide variety of drainage and skin problems.
- WOCN shall perform suture, staple, and drain removal, VAC therapy, venous stasis compression therapy, advanced wound dressing, skin protectants and biologics in wound therapy.
- WOCN shall possess skill in setting up wound care equipment/VAC, monitors, Oxygen, IV infusion pumps, cardiac/EKG, and endoscopic equipment.
- WOCN shall prescribe and communicate treatment plans in accordance with established clinic protocols. Provide telephone and face to face assessment and evaluation to include determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required.
- WOCN shall initiate patient and family teaching to and encourages responsibility for self-care as appropriate.
- WOCN shall conduct pre and post procedure visits and discuss procedure and expectations with patients and families.
- WOCN shall administer medications and fluids to include conscious sedation medications during endoscopic procedures.
- WOCN shall develop, implement and evaluate plan of care based on evidence based clinical practice guidelines utilizing the Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurses Society standards, the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) guidelines and the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) standards.
- WOCN shall work collaboratively with the medical team, evaluating the needs of the patient, and make independent decisions regarding the nursing care of the patient.
- WOCN shall plan, organize, and evaluate nursing activities and services that relate to patients with wound, ostomy and continence needs.
- WOCN shall serve as a consultant to outpatient professional and paraprofessional personnel and coordinate nursing services and patient care activities with hospital ancillary and administrative services and members of the health care team to ensure comprehensive patient care and efficient integration of services in support of quality patient care.
- WOCN shall complete proper documentation and coding of services provided in the medical record
***Please note: This position will be subject to pre-employment background checks, drug test, and verification of certification and education requirements.***Company Description
Ben Yeargin is a professional recruiter with a decade of experience working in both high-capacity agency and mission-critical corporate settings. He has a professional background in the construction trades, as well as in healthcare and pharmacy. Ben is an accomplished results-driven salesperson and takes pride in placing well-qualified candidates in high-potential positions.
550 Recruiting works with businesses that are actively recruiting professionals for tech-related administrative and production positions by offering resume search, candidate screening, interview and on-boarding for candidates in the aerospace and defense, manufacturing, IT, and healthcare industries.
550 Recruiting maintains a deep network of highly-skilled and motivated candidates from the executive office to the production line across a variety of industries.
A true people-first operation, 550 Recruiting offers a unique standardized pricing format to ensure placements result in long-term stability for both the forward-thinking organization and the professional who is placed in their dream job