Manager Intensive Care Unit - ICU
Manager Intensive Care Unit - ICU - 80342
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Applicant may be eligible for a relocation bonus.
8-hour shift, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Five plus years as a Registered Nurse in critical care setting
- Two to three years recent related management or leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of professional nursing practice, including current trends and issues
- Knowledge of title 22 and Joint Commission standards and guidelines
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organization, management and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with entity and system projects, work teams and units
- Provide high quality customer service to all customers served
- Evidence of effective supervision and teaching
- Provides documented attendance in continuing education programs in area of clinical specialty and practice
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking, time management, and stress well in a high profile environment
- Must be flexible; demonstrate a dynamic, positive attitude and leadership style to effectively lead change
- Form relationships and partnerships with staff, physicians, patients, and leadership skills
- Provide high quality, empathetic care to every patient, every time
- Clinically competent, innovative, resourceful, and values upward professional development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
- Specialty certification
We are seeking a self-motivated leader and manager who has Surgical Intensive Care nursing expertise. This operational manager will have 7/24 accountability for SICU operations and integration of the patient care experience with Sharp Memorial care areas. The ideal Candidate has experience in leading change with a measurable positive impact on the work environment by utilizing highly developed communication skills. Must demonstrate leadership that positively influences the practice of others. The candidate has been a role model for professional behavior by consistently demonstrating the ability to build sustainable working relationships within and across teams. She or he has a track record of progressive leadership responsibility for quality improvement projects with improved outcomes. Must demonstrate advanced competence in SICU clinical skills. Active participation in a variety of committees and projects with increasing responsibility. Dedication to the position and department is required.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Sharp Memorial Hospital is an intense and fast moving 24-bed unit. Our primary patient populations are cardiac surgical, major trauma and complex general surgical. We also provide care for a number of patients with a variety of different mechanical assist devices. We pride ourselves in being the best place to work, for patients to receive care and for physicians to bring their patients. The SICU achieved “Silver Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.