Nurse Case Manager/Registered Nurse (Per Diem and F/T)
If you’re a leader and have a vision for how to coordinate effective nursing services for a prominent health care/community services organization which helps to care for people with developmental disabilities, this position is ideal for you. Our Community Living Services Program is currently seeking Nurse Case Managers/RN's for our Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island Programs.
Directly coordinates and delivers health care for persons receiving services in assigned site to achieve positive health outcomes. Responsible for nursing assessment, writing of diagnoses, developing and intervening in the persons receiving services health care plans to ensure quality care in the most efficient manner. Advocates for health and accesses hospital and specialty clinic services. Provides supervision to the Licensed Practical Nurse(s) on shift.
1. Assesses each person receiving services to determine and identify needs, issues, resources, and health care outcomes. Identifies individual’s development strengths and health care needs. Obtains emergency medical care when necessary.
2. Develops and updates health care plan to address assessed needs. Provides direct medical/nursing services to assigned individuals as presented.
3. Oversees the implementation of the health care plan by training persons receiving services, family, and/or caregivers. Trains and oversees staff in carrying out treatment plans relating to health needs on an ongoing basis.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of plan in meeting outcomes. Communicates outcomes to patients, families, caregivers, or service providers.
5. Refers to other health providers, as needed. Schedules follow-up medical appointments according to medical recommendations.
6. Ensures proper documentation of persons receiving services care and progress. Details acute and chronic health problems and interventions; reviews, medication, hospitalizations, clinics, weights, and dietary concerns.
7. Identifies the need for, and arranges and conducts conferences to facilitate resolution of complex issues. Consults with Charge Nurse and/or Nursing Supervisor, as needed.
8. Maintains ongoing communication with attending physicians, supervisors, and other health care practitioners (Clinicians).
1. NYS Licensed Registered Nurse (BSN minimum).
2. Minimum 2 years experience working with persons with disabilities.
3. Extensive knowledge of pertinent health resources.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. CPR Certification.
Apply for Nurse Case Manager/Registered Nurse (Per Diem and F/T)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly