Each year, Bay Cove provides effective, compassionate care to more than 20,000 individuals and families who face the challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction and aging at over 160 sites in Boston and Southeastern Massachusetts. Our goal is to provide full, rich lives for people with the greatest challenges.
Currently we are seeking a Nurse Practitioner at our Andrew House, Stoughton, MA location to:
- Provide psychopharmacology evaluations for dual-diagnosed patients in a detoxification setting.
- Prescribe necessary medications under the supervision of the Psychiatric Consultant.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with Clinical Director, Medical Director, Nurse Manager and Program Director.
- Assist in the training of unit staff regarding pertinent mental health/substance abuse topics. Participate in clinical rounds as necessary.
- Participate in recommendations for after care.
- Coordinate with various insurance companies to present clinical justification for higher level of care. Provide medical assessment and follow-up as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director and Psychiatric Consultant.
- Current Nurse Practitioner’s License in State of Massachusetts.
- Acute care experience as RN or NP. Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Familiarity with addictions, homelessness, HIV/AIDS and mental illness.
- Knowledge of and experience working with dually diagnosed individuals.