Each year, Bay Cove provides effective, compassionate care to more than 20,000 individuals and families who face the challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction and aging at over 160 sites in Boston and southeastern Massachusetts. Our goal is to provide full, rich lives for people with the greatest challenges.
Currently, we are seeking a Nurse Consultant at our Boston location to:
- Be responsible for providing direct nursing care to, monitoring the health care of, and assisting with accessing appropriate health care for clients and guests of two specialized group homes and a dual-diagnosis emergency shelter.
- Be responsible for monitoring the medication system, training staff, and providing on-call consultation. This position contributes to Bay Cove’s Mission by supporting the health and well-being of clients/guests while they work to realize their goals.
- Masters degree in Nursing.
- Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse.
- Two years nursing experience.
- One year direct care experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental health issues and/or substance use disorders.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Ability to climb stairs, carry up to 40 pounds, and assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Driver's License required.