APRN- Pediatrcs/Adolescent Health
- We are seeking a Pediatric/Adolescent Health APRN, with post-graduate clinical experience, preferably in a primary care setting. The Primary Care Pediatric/Adolescent Health APRN delivers comprehensive quality patient care, including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions according to standards of practice to children from birth through adolescence. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate patient care with team members, other departments and community agencies and providers as necessary.
- Participate in departmental quality improvement and peer review activities.
The incumbent provides specialized care in collaboration with department physicians and refers patients to consultants for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures as appropriate.
The incumbent in this position must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have successfully completed an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure
- Manage a panel of patients and promote preventive health care through health supervision visits, patient and family education and child health advocacy.
- Treat and evaluate patients with acute and chronic childhood illnesses and promote the health of the child and family.
- Have a deep knowledge of nursing theory and practice theory and practice coupled with a record of providing high quality, comprehensive, professional clinical care to patients according to established standards, protocols and practices.
- Possess the ability to provide cultural competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Have skill taking medical history, assessing medical conditions and interpreting findings.
- The ability to communicate effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Be able to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Location: Hartford, CT
Job Type: Full-time
- APRN with a Pediatric/Adolescent specialty
- APRN: 1-2 years or greater
Job Type: Full-time
- Hartford, CT
We participate in the NHSC Loan Repayment ProgramCompany Description
Community Health Services, Inc. (CHS) is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) federally qualified health center (FQHC) located in Hartford a vibrant North End community. The largest community health center in Hartford, CHS is also the second oldest health center in the state of Connecticut. Since its establishment in 1970, CHS has grown from its humble beginnings in the office of Dr. Evans Daniels Jr., to the current three story state of the art medical facility at 500 Albany Avenue.
CHS serves a patient-base of almost 17,000 individuals and accommodates over 90,000 patient visits each year. As a federally qualified health center (FQHC), CHS is committed to caring for each person who enters our doors, regardless of their income or ability to pay for services and whether or not they have insurance. While the majority of those CHS serves live in our primary service area of Hartford's North End community, CHS is the medical home of residents throughout the Greater Hartford area.
CHS is not a clinic. We are a community health center where you can bring your entire family, and receive the same close, personal care and medical expertise you would expect from a private practice or hospital. CHS is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. While the Joint Commission sets the standards for the care in hospitals, accreditation is not required for community health centers. CHS undertook this effort as part of our commitment to excellence in our clinical practices, and providing every patient the quality of care they deserve.