Registered Nurse RN $1000 SIGN ON BONUS
$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS- Post-Acute Registered Nurse/RN
At BRIA of Westmont a leading provider of both short-term and long-term medical and rehabilitation care we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for each patient we serve. Our ideal candidates will share our passion for providing quality healthcare and are looking to build a career with a company that is truly making a difference.
As a Nurse at BRIA Health Services unique opportunities for employment are available to you:
Post-Acute Registered Nurse-STRIVE RN- $1000 Sign on Bonus
As a Post Acute RN you will have a unique opportunity to be part of our new State-of-the-Art STRIVE Center for Rehabilitation. Qualified individuals will be trained for this unique opportunity. Individual must be focused on patient centered care, quality outcomes, and customer service.
In addition to the regular duties and skill sets of an RN, a STRIVE RN is eligible for a higher level of pay, 12-hour shifts, 1 to 12 patient ratio, and continuing education. Individual will be expected to provide quality customer service and a never say no attitude.
Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
As a Licensed Nurse you will provide quality-nursing care through assessing patient health problems and needs, developing and implementing nursing care plans, and maintaining medical records. Monitoring all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity, documenting patient care services by charting in patient's medical record, monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms or changes in patients' condition, ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition, modifying patient treatment plans as indicated by patients responses and conditions, and directing or supervising Certified Nursing Assistants.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must know how to use organization policies and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of using a multiline phone system, fax machines, copy machines, computer and paging systems.
- Leads coordination of care for each STRIVE patient daily with a shift huddle, ongoing communication throughout each shift and by direct oversight of the STRIVE team.
- Assist other team members, including nurses and CNAs, in their work as necessary and as directed by the management team.
- Coordinate with other departments to enhance patient care.
- Provide input and ideas on improvement to nurses and managers, including informing managers regarding any care or personnel issues as appropriate.
- Never says not my patient or not my job.
- Customer service focus to meet daily needs of patients and anticipate upcoming needs. Does not leave an issue unresolved and sees issues through to resolution.
- Positive attitude, no negativity or gossip.
- Greet and acknowledge all patients and visitors at every encounter.
- 5-Star approach to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Must be a critical thinker and able to make concrete clinical decisions.
- General knowledge of short-term rehabilitation goals and objectives.
- Able to educate family and patients on diagnosis, medications, and other clinical services.
- Capable of initiating and updating care plans as a part of the day to day patient care.
- Requires the ability to do detailed work correctly and function under and handle stress.
- CPR certified. Capable and comfortable with all additional nursing equipment.
- Basic understanding of therapy equipment and modalities.
Nurse Specific Requirements:
- Licensed Registered/ Practical Nurse (RN/LPN) in the State of Illinois and in good standing
- 1 year of experience in long term care or hospital setting, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient care focus
- Medical and Dental:
- Referral Bonuses $250.00
- Sign-On Bonuses $500.00
- Vacation/Holiday/Personal/Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Appreciation Programs
Compassionate, resident-centered care is the cornerstone of our services. BRIA employees are passionate and caring professionals who take great pride in their ability to serve our residents in a broad range of skilled healthcare, administrative, therapeutic and support roles. Our team serves from the heart so that residents get the most out of every day.
Our goal is to provide our residents with services designed to achieve the best possible health, level of function, and quality of life. From rehabilitation therapy and specialized cardiac, orthopedic and pulmonary rehabilitation, to in-house and bedside hemodialysis, we help our patients get back home. We also offer long-term care options, including specialized Alzheimer's / dementia care.
We offer enhanced clinical capabilities and comfortable amenities in safe and supportive environments, including:
- Rehabilitation services seven days a week
- State-of-the-art medical and therapy equipment
- Enhanced rehabilitation gyms
- Medical staff with expertise in post-acute care
- 24-hour coverage by nurses specially trained in patient assessment and evaluation
- Comprehensive patient and family education
- Post discharge follow-up
- Newly renovated facilities and patient rooms
- In-room televisions with cable/satellite
- In-room telephones
- Computer with internet access
- Restaurant-style dining with room service available
Our mission is to provide the best health outcomes, highest levels of customer service, and a culture that encourages personal growth and satisfaction for staff.