Registered Nurse - RN for Full and Part time positions.
Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living a future in which older adults thrive.
We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience in this field to meet the total needs of the Residents and ensure the highest quality of care is met directly and individually to each Resident in compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate requirements.
Registered Nurse - RN for Full andPart time positions.
- Make daily rounds of all Residents within the unit.
- Administer and chart all medications on shift, as directed by the physician.
- Participate in change of shift reports.
- Act as liaison between the physician, family, and other departments in the community.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
- Participate in Resident care planning process as assigned.
- Use proper equipment and techniques to ensure safety of Residents and staff.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely, following all community policies and procedures.
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff, volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best quality care.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Assist with orientation of new employees to their duties according to the corporate guidelines.
- Demonstrate consistent management of staff and resources.
- Use proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
- Follow all written and oral directions as given by supervisor.
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, Residents rights, and those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to Residents protected health information.
Christian Horizons is a family of continuing care retirement communities serving residents throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Missouri. We are committed to providing excellent care and resident-focused services primarily to older adults. Christian Homes has more than 1,600 Medicare and Medicaid certified skilled-nursing beds, 168 assisted-living apartments, 108 supportive-living apartments and 710 independent living apartments and garden homes.