RN, Director of Nursing - Senior Living Community
Are you looking for a career where you improve the lives of others?
Do you want to work for a company that is mission oriented, with a great culture built around helping our residents and their families?
Do you want to be a part of a growing organization with opportunities for you to accelerate your career?
If you answered yes to these questions, we invite you to apply to be a part of the Validus Senior Living family. Validus Senior Living is continuing to grow and as a part of this growth, we are seeking an RN to be the Director of Nursing (Health and Wellness Director) at our Inspired Living community in Sugar Land, TX.
This Inspired Living Community is located at 6400 Oil Field Road, Sugar Land, TX 77479.
The Director of Nursing manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure residents healthcare needs are met.
The Director of Nursing reports to the Executive Director, serving as a part of the community leadership team, ensuring residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents healthcare needs change. The Director of Nursing hires, trains and leads licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community to ensure all care commitments and regulations are met, all residents experience a state of well-being and family members are satisfied with the care provided.
Each day, the Director of Nursing will be responsible for:
- Providing training and education to resident care associates on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific training
- Supervising and monitoring associates in the administration of medications
- Supervising the maintenance of resident charts and reviewing documentation performed by care giving staff
- Assessing the health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, evaluating effectiveness and maximizing the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment
- Participating in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assuring that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms
- Actively supporting and contributing to the community through execution of responsibilities and assignments
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Registered Nurse licensure
- 3 years of relevant experience leading a health & wellness department or similar department with a population of older adults, preferably in a memory care environment
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to satisfy background screening requirements
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate level of computer and technology competency, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Windows applications
We are committed to providing the scope and quality of senior care that is not only needed, but is also deserved. This is not merely our profession; it is our purpose. As such, Validus Senior Living provides a complete continuum of leading-edge senior living services including independent living, assisted living and memory care options.
At Validus Senior Living communities, you will discover vibrant, inviting atmospheres, active and engaging lifestyles, and services and amenities that make life easier and every day more fulfilling. Our experienced team of senior living professionals is dedicated to creating safe, inspiring lifestyles for discerning seniors in communities designed to suit individual needs and tastes.
We are entrusted with the great responsibility of serving an extraordinary group of residents. We affirm that trust every day by honoring and respecting those we serve with our unwavering commitment to excellence.