Charge Nurse - RN FT Day/Night
Job Summary: $12,000 Sign-On Bonus - Full-Time Days
The Charge Nurse – RN shall direct the day-to-day functions of the Aides/Orderlies and other staff being supervised, as well as give direct nursing care to patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and other staff being supervised.
• Give direct nursing care to patients.
• Visit all assigned patients at regular intervals during tour of duty.
• Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
• Notify physician when patient’s condition warrants.
• Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of:
• Nurses’ notes
• Doctors’ orders
• Discharge plans
• Dietary changes
• Billing and other charge slips
• Miscellaneous forms, charts, etc.
• Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional, clear and comprehensive manner.
• Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to policy.
• Recognize and respond to changes in patients’ conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
• Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
• Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and document process.
• Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc.
• Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and off-going shift.
• Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate other parties.
• Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
• Monitor and update care plans on each shift as appropriate.
• Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster drills and be prepared to carry out duties in the event on an actual event.
• Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
• Monitor the facility for possible health and safety hazards.
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
• Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
• Update daily census report and submit as required.
• Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes.
• Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
• Assist in updates of written policies and procedures of routine nursing care.
• Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
• Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
• Monitor and participate in daily clean-up of the nurses’ station.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Communication skills and active listening
• Possess good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations. Respond promptly to customer’s needs
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Registered Nurse degree
• Current registered nursing license in practicing state
• Current CPR certification
Required Work Experience:
• Minimum of six (6) months experience working in a hospital, long term care facility or other health care institution, with experience implementing total patient care and care planning
Required Computer Software/Equipment used:
• Various operating systems
• Standard office equipment
• Microsoft Suite applications
• Desktop, laptop and/or iPad
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Standard medical equipment
• Electronic medical records
• Supervises support staff including training, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges and assists in problem solving for staff
• Occasionally needs manager’s direction due to extraordinary circumstances
• Audio-Visual: Good
• Hearing: Good
• Ability to lift to 40 pounds
• Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
• Work is typically performed in a standard long-term care facility; well-lit; comfortable temperature-controlled
• Above-average conversational noise is frequent
• Position may require flexible hours, unscheduled overtime or occasional week-end work
• Must be able to speak and write in English
• Travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. This Organization will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made. A key part of this policy is to provide equal employment opportunity regarding all terms and conditions of employment and in all aspects of a person's relationship with the Organization including recruitment, hiring, promotions, upgrading positions, conditions of employment, compensation, training, benefits, transfers, discipline, and termination of employment.
- Bachelors or better in Nursing
- Associates or better in Nursing
- CPR Certification
- Registered Nurse