Hospice Nurse - Registered Nurse (RN) - SIGN ON BONUS!
*** $3,500 sign on bonus if hired by 10/15/17! ***
A hospice nurse understands that it is the small things that matter. A warm smile and reassuring touch that shows you care. A kind word that soothes the heart and fosters a personal connection. A hospice nurse believes in the importance of building relationships, and is ready to make a difference.
Hospice nursing isn't just a job, it's a calling. Here at Seasons Hospice, nurses are at the forefront of the care we provide. We tailor our orientation program to each specific nurse using a combination of e-learning and hands-on training at the bedside, giving our nurses the education and tools they need to guide and care for our patients at one of the most critical times in their lives. The reward for doing so is immeasurable.
The full/time Hospice Nurse - RN utilizes the Case Management recipe to facilitate comprehensive nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care and regulatory requirements.
This is a driving position and typically covers Chicago and near west suburbs.
* Assesses patient/family for physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and collaborates with patient/family, physician, IDG to establish the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate care.
* Initiates and maintains communication with attending physician, Medical Director, IDG, Team Director, and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
* Documents according to protocol and maintains up-to-date patient records so that the care plans problems, interventions, actions and goals reflect baseline, current, and ongoing status, and changes as they occur.
* Participates in On-Call or Admissions assignment/rotation as directed.
* Provides education to patient and caregiver(s) as needed based on knowledge needs and learning assessment and patient / family condition.
* Coordinates care with IDG and informs the Team Director and IDG of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
* Participates in IDG Meetings, facility patient conferences, and other patient / family meetings in coordination with IDG and /or Team Director.
* Participates in orientation and ongoing education programs, and maintains current professional licensure.
* Demonstrates familiarity and uses agency and state(s) policies and protocols pertaining to provision of hospice and nursing services to meet internal process requirements and state/federal regulations.
* Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Case Manager: In addition to the Registered Nurse job description above, the following applies:
* Proactively manages using the Case Management Recipe to coordinate all patient care activities in collaboration with IDG.
* Activities may include, not limited to: scheduling patient visits in keeping with needs, physician collaboration and orders management, medication management, Plan of Care coordination etc. to assure continuity and quality of care and coordinated IDG efforts
-Supervises LPNs / LVNs / Hospice Aides per protocol
* Registered Nurse license in state(s) practicing.
* Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
* Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
* Willingness to serve on-call.
* Must have reliable automobile, valid drivers license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
* Additional compensation provided for Hospice Certification
* Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospices philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.Company Description
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with a mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care. Founded in 1997, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is the fifth largest Hospice provider in the nation. Seasons provides high quality clinical and compassionate care to patients and families in 15 states through our 20 Medicare-certified home care clinical operations and 10 Hospice Inpatient Centers. In 2012, Seasons caregivers served more than 16,000 patients of all ages and totaling more than 1 million patient days.