Kansas Certified Nursing Assistant
Park Meadows Senior Living opened in May 2008 and is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit spectrumretirement.com.
Description of Opportunity:
To provide assistance to residents in a manner that meets or exceeds facility expectations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Director of Assisted Living or Assisted Living Coordinator
- May be asked to provide assistance to residents in Memory Care, Assisted Living, or both.
- Provide stand-by assist (or reminders) with activities of daily living such as grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair, and maintaining the personal environment (i.e., clothing, linen, personal belongings with the apartment).
- Regularly review, follow, and adhere to the residents care plans.
- Provide information, encourage, and participate with residents in memory care community activity focused care programs.
- Transport residents within the community to other departments and/or functions.
- Respond to emergency calls, resident/visitors requests and correct environment hazards in a timely, appropriate and safe manner.
- Document and report care provided and resident observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental or behavioral conditions.
- Obtain/perform vital signs and heights and weights.
- Know-how and be able to respond to emergency needs such as designed by community policies.
- Attend in-service training.
- Observe community policies and procedures regarding attendance, timeliness, house rules, teamwork, customer service and other policies/ procedures that may be introduced from time to time.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Know and comply with all Resident Rights.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and Infection Control procedures.
- Interact/assist residents and other disciplines/departments.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. floor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 40 lbs., and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Team Member Expectations:
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information relating to Spectrum Retirement, its residents, Team Members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Spectrum policy.
- Promote Spectrum in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Spectrums Policies, Procedures, and Manuals.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completes all state educational requirements for the position. Attendance at monthly in-services required for position. Receives and maintains First Aid certification, Heimlich maneuver training and Food Handlers Card. CPR certification preferred.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population.
- Previous experience with medication assistance preferred.
Benefits: Spectrum Retirement Communities (SRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Benefits program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) after completing 60 continuous days of service with the company. Spectrum Retirement Communities also follows the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Variable hour team members will be measured using the defined measurement periods and offered benefits per the Act. The following benefits are offered to all eligible team members and their families:
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness and Life Insurance)
- HSA or FSA Spending Accounts
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Denver-based Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.