Phase III Extended Recovery Clinical Nurse III - BSN (FT 12 hour nights)
Extended Recovery - Full Time 12 hour Nights Clinical Nurse III ADN or BSN
Extended Recovery is a 6-bed post procedural/post-surgical unit focused on providing excellent care to patients who have met PACU discharge criteria but require further monitoring and/or interventions. Care provided on Extended Recovery includes:
- Post intervention/post-surgical care to adult patients of general oncologic surgery, gynecologic surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, orthopedic, urology and interventional radiology
- Pain management
- Hydration therapy
- Transfusion therapy
- Management of the side effects of disease or treatment
- Patient education including discharge instructions
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
• Associate Degree in Nursing, BSN (Bachelors in Nursing) preferred
• 2 years of clinical experience in Medical/Surgical Telemetry required; Critical Care or PACU preferred
• Current California RN License
• American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications, CCRN preferred.
• Someone with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do - and to help us achieve the next level of care
• A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes.
• An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health.
• A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well.
• A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis.
• A contagious enthusiasm for focusing - or refocusing - your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.