Registered Nurse, OR
Description:Summary Sign-On Bonus Eligible\: We are offering $10,000 for New Hires with 2+ years’ experience in OR/ICU/ED, paid out after 90 days of hire. The Registered Nurse position is at our Main Operating Room (Main Campus), 36 hours per week with benefits, we offer 50% off the MBTA pass. The shifts are available M-F, generally 3 10s days. The Registered Professional Nurse maintains the standards of professional nursing practice, and demonstrates competence for patient care through the utilization of the nursing process. The process includes continuous assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient care and patient education. The Registered Nurse directs and guides ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of nursing practice. Department Details Mass Eye and Ear Operating Department has 12 rooms in the main OR. This position will be caring for Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology patients. The RN staff work collaboratively with interns, residents, fellows and attending physicians. Excellent observational skills and the ability to set priorities. Ability to function under stress with good interpersonal and communication skills. Qualification: Qualifications
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing; baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in Massachusetts.
- A minimum of 2 years of medical/surgical Nursing experience is preferred.
- OR nursing experience required
- Related experience required for advanced clinical and specialty areas.
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership in a professional nursing organization desired.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MEI Mass Eye and Ear Main Building Boston
Work Locations MEI Mass Eye and Ear Main Building Boston 243 Charles Street Boston 02114
Job Registered Nurse
Organization Mass. Eye and Ear (MEE)
Standard Hours 36
Shift Day Job
Job Posting Aug 10, 2022