Delivers proficient nursing care to patients and families whose needs range from uncomplicated to highly complex. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from a basic educational program in professional nursing.
RN Academic Requirement: For new graduates hired with an Associate's degree, employment with MedStar Washington Hospital Center is contingent upon enrollment into an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of employment, and continuing matriculation in the program to achieve a BSN within 5 years of the program start date. Proof of enrollment to be submitted to Nurse Leader. CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION/LICENSURE:
L icensed as a registered nurse in Washington, D.C.. Completes continuing education contact hours in the current area of practice as required by the DC Board of Nursing for nursing license renewal.
This is a part time ineligible position with the following work requirments:
- 3 - 12 hour shifts per pay period
- 4 - 12 hour weekend shifts per 6 week schedule period
- 4 - 12 hour off shift shifts per 6 week schedule period
- Weekend and off shift requirements must be met on different shifts
- 2 of the three major holidays and two minor holidays
- You will be scheduled to work within one of the following unit clusters: 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4NE or 4NW.
- Minimum of 4 years experience
- BSN preferred
- Appropriate certifications for areas to be worked
- $50.00/hour base pay
- Non Union position
Please note if you are a new graduate Registered Nurse do not apply to this position. Please apply only to the Residency positions. Thank you!