RN CRITICAL CARE NURSE- RN ICU
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of Medical Surgical Nursing, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospitals strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical decisions.
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for patients rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off situations.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing (individuals hired without a BSN will be required to complete a degree program within 5 years of their hire date)
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in Critical Care nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice. RNs new to the specialty will have a minimum of one year clinical nursing experience.
- Current California Nursing license
- Certification in Critical Care Nursing preferred.
Mediscan was founded in 1995 in Woodland Hills, Ca. We specialize in providing employment to healthcare professionals in hospitals and schools. We currently service over 400 hospitals, and over 150 schools in 30 states. We have employed over 2,000 healthcare professionals in 2015. Mediscan has been ranked as the Number 1 staffing agency for the last seven years in a row by the SF Business Journal. Mediscan offers quality service and is Joint Commission Certified.