SIGN ON BONUS$$$ LPN/RN UNIT MANAGER
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing shift staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Clinical care Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality of care is maintained at all times.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.
1. Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents,visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
3. Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
4. Maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the department.
5. Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the Community or Department
6. Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, etc., to ensure proper work flow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
7. Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
8. Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of Sanctuary initiatives and implementation of the various processes.
10. Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules,regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
11. Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
12. Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
13. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
14. Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
15. Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to the care.
16. Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
17. Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication administration.
18. Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
19. Make daily rounds of your neighborhood/unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care Coordinator.
20. Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our established procedures.
21. Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
22. Assist in training nursing department personnel.
23. Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
24. Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your units residents care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
25. Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
26. Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
27. Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow community's established procedures.
28. Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
29. Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
30. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
1. Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN program.
2. Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
3. Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
4. Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred
5. Supervisory experience preferred.
6. Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
7. Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
8. Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
9. Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
10. Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Registered Nurse Manager.doc Page 3 of 3
11. Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
12. Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
of the organization.
Bellbrook is owned and operated by St. Joseph Mercy Senior Communities, a comprehensive network of senior living & rehabilitation communities designed to serve seniors in southeast Michigan. Bellbrook is affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy Health System and in partnership they are committed to promoting health and wellbeing of those who are served.