Medical Assistant Cardiology Outpatient
Hours of Work : 8 - 5 pm
Days Of Week : Mon - Fri
Work Shift : Job Description :
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Medical Assistant works under the general direction of the physician to provide healthcare to individuals as instructed by the physician; performs routine clinical procedures as directed by the physician; participates in patient education; enters appropriate documentation into patients' health record; performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of certification. Reports directly to the Practice Manager. Your Job Requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants
• National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification upon hire. Certification must remain current and active throughout employment.
• Two or more years' experience of professional medical assisting in a clinic setting preferred.
• Responsibilities and duties listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
• Knowledge of professional clinical theory and practices to provide and evaluate patient care.
• Skill in applying and interpreting principles, methods, and techniques to provide professional patient care.
• Perception necessary to observe pertinent detail when taking vital signs (BP, pulse, temp.) and observation of patient's condition.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment.
• Ability to maintain quality control standards.
• Strong positive interpersonal skills; can communicate effectively verbally and written. Your Job Responsibilities:
• Implements patient care under the guidance and direction of the physician and/or nurse.
• Rooming the patient including taking vitals, entering/updating allergies, and pharmacy information.
• May perform intramuscular, intradermal, or subcutaneous injections when instructed by the physician.
• Assists physicians in providing care to patients and meeting required metrics in accordance with clinic policies, guidelines, and other quality review organizations.
• Performs general clinical duties as appropriate within state guidelines and conforms to OSHA Regulations and Precautions.
• Demonstrates working knowledge and practice of infection control procedures.
• Cleans and disinfects all instruments and clinical areas.
• Assures room set-up and necessary instruments are made available for patient appointments.
• Maintains inventory and participates in minimizing waste of medical supplies and medications; orders supplies as needed.
• Maintains medical equipment per regulation minimum, following operation instructions, and reporting to manager equipment failure. Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned: Magnet®-designated hospital First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019 Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Our Care Commitments
• Take Care of Patients
• Take Care of Each Other
• Take Care of Ourselves
• Take Care of Methodist