RN - Skilled Nursing - Senior Living Community - Night Shift
Provides nursing care on a FULL-TIME basis to residents in the Health Care Center through assessment, planning, implementations and reevaluation of resident needs. Carries out and interprets policies, procedures, local, state, and federal regulations for skilled nursing areas. Provides person-centered care and service to all residents. Supervises the CNAs assigned to their team. Must have a valid Illinois Nursing License in good standing.
12 HOUR SHIFTS Hours: Nights: 6:45pm to 7:15am (or later, depending on morning report); work 3-4 days per week
Pay is based on years of nursing experience as an RN.
This position is available now. If you enjoy working with seniors and appreciate a beautiful work setting, you will love working at Plymouth Place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses resident needs, and provides necessary nursing care as per resident's care plan.
- Completes assigned MDS and participates in interdisciplinary care plan conferences.
- Ensures that resident rights are maintained.
- Provides emotional and spiritual support to residents, families, and staff as needed.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor, physician, and/or family of resident's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and unusual incidents.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary rounds meeting.
- Assumes the role of shift supervisor as needed.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients upon admission;
- Develops interim plan of care.
- Teaches residents according to the individualized needs of the resident; documents same.
- Handles resident, family, or physician complaints/concerns, referring issues to DON as necessary.
- Respects advance directives and assists residents to a dignified death; and provides emotional and spiritual support to family and other staff as needed.
- Responds to life threatening situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Participates in department and/or unit performance improvement activities.
- Supports a restorative philosophy of care.
- Assists with new admissions and releases as needed.
- Acts as emergency nurse-on-call for all residents except for those in the Health Care Center.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay is based on years of experience.Company Description
Plymouth Place is a beautiful, active continuing care retirement community, located in the western suburbs of Chicago, with a location convenient to area expressways, the Metra/Burlington Northern train line and the Pace bus system. Plymouth Place believes a caring, attentive staff is fundamental to its success as a top-rated senior living community.
To find out more about the Plymouth Place Senior Living Community, please visit our website at: www.plymouthplace.org
You may click on the Careers tab at the top of our website home page to view our job openings and apply for a position.