Certified Nursing Assistant
Overview:The Certified Nurse Assistant is responsible to provide direct, hands-on care to residents in a nursing home environment to ensure residents attain or maintain the highest possible physical, mental and emotional well-being possible.
Qualifications:The Certified Nurse Assistant must have completed an approved training program and passed competency examinations in clinical skills and written knowledge in accordance with statutory requirements for Certified Nurse Assistant. If the employee is a candidate for C.N.A. they must be enrolled in and complete an approved training program and pass competency examinations in clinical skills and written knowledge within the time frame mandated by the State of Iowa.
Duties and Responsibilities:Duties are determined by Kennybrook Villages needs and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understands and agrees with Kennybrook Villages philosophy and goal to maintain, improve and/or enhance each residents quality of care and quality of life.
- Provides, completes and e- documents, if applicable, resident care as assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follows safety policies in performing nursing care.
- Attends and participates in facility meetings and in-service training programs.
- Practices good infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care.
- Reports changes in residents condition immediately to the Charge Nurse.
- Observes residents rights including, but not limited to, privacy, dignity, etc.
- Safeguarding the residents privacy and property.
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident care.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
- Provides restorative care to residents as assigned by the Charge Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing and/or the Executive Administrator.
Kennybrook Village of Grimes opened in 2011 in the Northwest corner of the Des Moines metro. Our community provides three levels of care; 32 Independent Living apartments, the Assisted Living that consists of 34 apartments, and our Skilled Nursing Facility with 40 Medicare/Medicaid beds. With over 110 tenants and nearly 90 employees we provide services for many great people. We are dedicated to providing the seniors of our community with service, stewardship, and simplicity through the transitions of life. Our work is guided by five pillars of Culture in Aging - Dignity, Quality, Choice, Respect, and Community.
Our Mission is simple - Purpose, Passion and Joy in Life.