Registered Nurse/ RN
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for nursing services for families in an on-site residential facility. Responsible for the assessment, intake and daily medical needs of the patients during their stay at the facility. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility. Reports to the Charge Nurse.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which The Baptiste Group is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with routine and daily medical needs of all age groups from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Refers patients to site physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner as needed for medical care and assists with transfer to a specialist or hospital
- Refers patients deemed at risk of harm to self or others to site mental health professional
- Maintains medical case file with appropriate documentation in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assists with operation of medical clinic
- Works closely with case managers, mental health providers, and licensed clinicians
- Provides group education on various safety and disease prevention topics
- Care coordination
- Protects patients' privacy through confidentiality, infection control procedures, assuring consistent medication administration, and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all equipment and supplies
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Active and unrestricted RN License
- 2 years of medical triage experience
- Ability to provide care for all age groups from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check
- Clean criminal background check
- Immediate, last-minute travel within the U.S. may be required if located outside of shelter location
- Flexibility is required due to potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork and computer work
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
The Baptiste Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.