Senior Manager, Market Operations - Telecommute in Milwaukee, WI
- Lead a team of care coordinators responsible for office administrative functions
- Ensure efficient office operations, and consistency across, and adherence to, administrative workflows
- Effectively address operational, billing, reporting, EMR and other issues with Landmark Shared Services staff and identify and execute efficiency opportunities
- Conduct analysis and modeling; lead planning and execution of market initiatives and projects; and identify and execute on opportunities to improve efficiency and Landmark model outcomes
- Administrative Oversight: Lead a team responsible for the administrative functioning of two offices, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of supplies inventories and maintains appropriate processes for ordering and storage of such supplies
- Calendar management for the office, including prep and follow up for recurring team meetings
- Preparation for Executive visits
- Coordination with all relevant vendors necessary for office operations
- Administration of PTO and payroll systems, and on-call schedule
- Management of front office activities
- Facilities management, including overseeing contingency planning
- On-boarding new hires
- Operational Implementation and Improvement: Maintain a comprehensive understanding of daily operations, policies and procedures; identify operational roadblocks and process gaps; and ensure effective roll out and adherence to workflow changes. Proactive solicit and problem solve issues faced by the clinical and administrative teams.
- Metric Tracking and Reporting: Own and drive reporting on operational performance metrics for the market including regular review of relevant KPIs, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and synthesis and presentation of results.
- Translate performance metrics into actionable operational recommendations for improvement – partnering and working collaboratively with others across Landmark.
- Create metrics that can be used in partnership with market leadership to provide data-driven mentoring / feedback to clinical and administrative staff.
- Market Performance:
- Collaborate with the local and shared services colleagues and leadership to plan and execute initiatives to continuously improve the clinical delivery model
- Collaborate with local and central outreach teams to support engagement and other performance goals through provider calendar and schedule management
- Act as day-to-day project manager on key market initiatives, managing timelines and coordinating across cross-functional teams to drive outcomes
- Support the launch of new clients through patient and provider outreach, geographic analysis and on-the-ground coordination
- Market Leadership: Act as back up to GM/VP as needed for community relationship building and other external-facing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field or business administration
- 5+ years of administrative management experience in health care, preferably in a managed care setting
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Calendar
- Proven track record of driving multiple complex operational projects from conception to implementation to refinement
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- MBA/ advanced degree
- Expert Excel skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employmentCareers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) *All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.