Staff Nurse II, Wound Care
7 days left
- Full Time
we are here to make a difference
When you are contributing to a cause you believe in, it’s easy to build on the cumulative energy and dedication of those around you. This camaraderie is one of the things that drives my work at Kaiser Permanente. Working together, my colleagues and I share the same mission to make a positive difference in people’s lives. We know that each goal we reach brings us one step closer to the next—and to each other. If you believe success is richer when shared, this is the place to put your beliefs into practice. Join us in Vacaville, California.
Staff Nurse II, Wound Care
In this role, you will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. You will provide care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- At least one year (within the last three years) of experience as a Wound Care RN in an acute care setting, active in the care of wound care patients
- CWOCN or CWCN certification preferred
- A high school diploma or GED
- A graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience or a graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three years of graduation; or 2) a graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirement to practice nursing
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California
- A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers)
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Good interpersonal skills
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 577872.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers