Department/Unit:Surgery Vascular Tech
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the direction of the practice physician and/or advanced practice provider (APP) and the supervision of the Nurse Manager (RN) and/or Nurse Supervisor (RN), the RN may provide direct patient care, patient triage (in-person and telephonic), assessment, planning, directing and evaluating of a patient’s specific care plan and clinic visit. Able to work effectively within a team of multi-specialty professionals
- Obtain and accurately record patient’s vital signs; reports abnormal values to treating provider
- Obtains and documents a patient’s history (Medical, Surgical and Social) and focused physical assessment, related to the clinic visit and as dictated by clinic procedure
- Administers medications and treatments to patients in clinic, under the direction of a physician or APP
- Participates in in-office procedure, as related to clinic specialty, under the direction and supervision of a Physician or APP and documents results in EHR
- Performs review and triage of incoming test results, patient requests and pharmacy renewals; facilitates call-backs to patients as necessary
- Facilitates the utilization of resources to meet patient outcomes and contribute to Facility (AMC), New York State and National Quality data metrics
- Delegates tasks deemed appropriate per licensure of LPN and/or MA
- Adheres to AMC’s regulatory agency (The Joint Commission) and internal compliance policies
- Orientation and education of newly hired staff
- Completes continuous/annual education related to Clinic specialty to maintain knowledge base on current practices
- Provides education to patients related to their visit and overall health and wellness
• Associate’s degree of a state accredited Registered Nursing program is required
• NYS current RN licensure to practice professional nursing is required
• Current CPR certification required
• Certification in specialty, Ambulatory setting preferred
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, patients and their family members or other employees within the work setting. Familiar with computer software.
• Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Working Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Experience with electronic health record preferred
• Ability to give medications via all routes and ability to calculate medication doses
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!?
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.