MGA is searching for an experienced Cathlab RN for a permanent placement opportunity in Temecula, CA. Must have an active California RN license.
MINIMUM LICENSURE REQUIRED
- Current California RN license
- BLS (maintain current AHA)
- ACLS (maintain current AHA)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two years Cardiac Cathlab nursing experience in an Acute Care Hospital required
- Five years Cardiac Cathlab nursing experience preferred
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing program with ASN
- BSN preferred
- Use of current equipment: Phillips Allura Xper FD20, Centricity Cardio Enterprise (CCE), GE Maclab XT 6 9, GE CVIS Express V4 2
- Ability to communicate effectively and to foster teamwork among fellow staff members.
- Ability to exhibit excellent written and verbal skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and function effectively under high volumes of patients.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on a regular basis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of all medications given during cardiac procedures.
- Ability to utilize monitoring system, assess findings, intervene as indicated and evaluate.
- Knowledge of Moderate Sedation policy and demonstrates expertise in providing as ordered.
- Able to titrate drugs according to unit policy in response to changing patient condition.
- Ability to assist with any related processing of documentation within the department.
- Provide on-call coverage as needed by the department.
- Knowledge of the step-by-step progress of specific sterile procedures for all special procedure examinations.
- Anticipates Radiologist's/ Cardiologist's needs in regards to instrumentation, sutures, sponges, supplies, etc.
- Displays dexterity in the use of the required instrumentation according to technique, procedure and special requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to function in Special Procedures / Cath Lab situations requiring in-depth technical expertise and knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Able to anticipate instrumentation/equipment for a wide range of simple and complex procedures.
- Selects appropriate instrumentation, catheters, and supplies consistent with Radiologist's /Cardiologist's preference.
- Sterile environment is set up and organized prior to patient's arrival into room.
- Able to circulate and document procedure
- Assesses patient prior to procedure reporting to physician all pertinent information
- Assess patient's pain, medicates as ordered and documents response.
- Able to anticipate changes in patient and notify physician.
- Ability to conduct a time out at the beginning and end of the case utilizing the WHO universal protocol.
At MGA Healthcare Staffing, our highly personal approach to recruitment and job placement is focused on building great relationships with candidates and healthcare organizations, so that when the time comes to make a match, we create the perfect alignment of skill and need.
From travel nursing and allied health to executive-level positions, our extensive national network of hospitals and clinics enables us to provide ongoing opportunities to meet your needs. And our personalized approach means you will always receive the respect and attention you deserve.