Registered Nurse, RN
Registered Nurse, RN
Tracking Code: 1795-709
Division: Community Living Services
Location: Dedham, MA
Community Based Flexible Supports (CBFS) provides individuals referred by the Department of Mental Health with access to rehabilitation, clinical treatment, employment, housing, wellness and peer services, with ancillary supports that will be coordinated in partnership with the individual. Services are designed to be flexible and to promote resiliency and recovery for all participants. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join this wonderful, supportive team!
The CBFS Registered Nurse will:
- Provide education and training and ongoing monitoring to staff and persons served regarding treatment adherence, self-care and health maintenance activities
- Monitor program compliance with applicable regulations regarding regular preventative health care for consumers. Reviews program response to consumers acute and chronic health care needs as per emergency procedures and health care orders.
- Provide intervention and leadership in crisis situations, coordinating immediate response and ongoing prevention measures, promoting safety of persons served, staff and community, and protecting human rights.
Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer fluency (including Microsoft Office) required
- Must be able to provide 24-hour on-call coverage on rotation, and to respond to emergency calls as necessary
- Valid drivers license and available, dependable transportation required for local travel
- Current, valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- Minimum of four years of experience, with progressive responsibilities in training, clinical assessment and management skills and providing services in community settings preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- Experience with individuals with mental illness, with at least one year of providing care to individuals with medical problems preferred.
- Knowledge of VNA system preferred.
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.Company Description
Each year Riverside Community Care provides more than 40,000 children, adolescents, and adults with a broad range of behavioral healthcare and human services. We offer mental healthcare, developmental and brain injury services, youth and early childhood programs, addiction treatment, trauma response, and more.
You can count on Riverside when you or someone you know needs help. We take your trust seriously and work hard to make a difference by delivering compassionate, locally-based, integrated care.
We are proud to be an award-winning, non-profit organization offering emergency care, urgent and outpatient services, in-home and residential care, psychiatric day programming, early intervention, employment support and domestic violence services throughout eastern and central Massachusetts. We partner with local hospitals and physicians, and we work with most insurers and MassHealth. And, Riverside is where your community, schools, and workplaces turn when faced with the emotional aftermath of tragic events such as teen suicides or natural disasters.
We make a difference -- locally, every day.