Registered Nurse - RN - Hospice Nurse
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with hospice experienceto join our team! As a Case Manager RN in our hospice program, you will be responsible for the palliative nursing care given to our hospice patients in their homes or at their care facilities, in the Tri-city (Midland, Saginaw, Bay City) areas.
RNs with home hospice care background are a plus!
- Administer palliative nursing care tohospice patients at their homes or assisted living facilities.
- Diagnose and establish patientcare plans.
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior.
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care.
- Educate patients and familiesabout hospice and palliative care.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Maintain accurate patient medical records.
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members, at their homes.
- Previous experience in palliative and/or hospice nursing (experience in a home care setting a plus).
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment (experience with DeVero a plus).
- Ability to build rapport with families and patients.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Pay rate is per diem (depends on experience).
- Health insurance.
- Mileage reimbursement.
First State Home Health & Hospice Care is an accredited CHAP certified home health and hospice agency. We believe in providing the highest quality of home-based, personalized services which encourage patient independence and/or palliative support, and offer an alternative to institutionalized care. We have dedicated and professional staff and are looking to expand. We would love to have professional clinicians join our team. We are more than just a home care and hospice. We are a team built on integrity, values, and professionalism.
More information at: http://www.firststatecare.com