Registered Nurse (PACT) (HOPC)
You will serve as a Registered Nurse for the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) at the VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System's (VATXVCBHCS)Harlingen Outpatient Clinic. You will use the nursing process and evidence-based practice to collaborate with the Teamlet and larger Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services involved in providing care to the patient) in developing the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. You will provide patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on the patient's goals. Demonstrate sound clinical knowledge in assessing planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating care for a designated group of patients across the continuum of care. Triage and apply a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Providepatient care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team; serve as clinical resource expert; and function as an educator for the team and patient.
- Screen patients for social service, home care, and other community care needs; and coordinate or make referrals as appropriate; and seek consultation when indicated.
- Appropriately document own interventions and oversee appropriate health team documentation of patient care.
- Keep patient's provider and appropriate case manager aware of patient progress, issues, and/or problems.
- Evaluate needs and facilitate the patient's ability to learn the principles of self-care; utilizing appropriate resources if the patient is unable to grasp the knowledge/skills needed for self-care.
- Actively participate in care delivery with priority attention to patient preference.
- Promote cost effective use of resources and adopt effective least-expensive strategies expected in non-face-to-face approaches (including Tele-Health).
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to manage a panel of patients assigned to the provider and team utilizing clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills to identify, analyze and assist with resolving the patient care issues while using approved protocols and guidelines to facilitate autonomy in providing care.
- Triage patient calls using nursing processes and apply skills such as motivational interviews.
- Conduct an accurate assessment to assure patients receive appropriate levels of care within given timeframe.
- Utilize computer skills and document patient interactions within patient's computerized patient record system (CPRS) and use the Tele-Care Record Manager Plus (TRM Plus).
Please indicate if you have hadrecent hands on RN experience (within 5 years) in Primary Care Outpatient; Medical-Surgical; ICU ER, experience and sound clinical resource expert resolving patient care problems.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Alternate work schedules may be necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse (PACT)
Recruitment/Relocation incentives are NOT authorized.BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. Citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 0.5 hours); Pushing (up to 0.5 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (up to 5.3 hours); Standing (up to 5.3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 5.3 hours).All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(VA Form 10-2850A)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required) Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
Forms are available at http://www.vacareers.va.gov/VACAREERS/job-search/index.asp.Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1978189.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.