Nurse Practitioner (Dalhart, TX)
**First consideration will be given to applications received early.
The CertifiedNurse Practitioner is a health care provider who has advanced education competencies, and skills in holistic assessment and treatment of identified populations (including adult, middle-aged and geriatric) individuals, families, groups; as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic disease. CRNP's practices with a high level of specialized knowledge, skill and proficiency. CRNP works autonomously as well as in collaboration with a variety of individuals to diagnosis and manage clients' health care problems; and serve as a health care resource, interdisciplinary consultants, and patient advocates.
The focus of a Primary Care provider at the Amarillo VA Health Care System is the provision of general medical care and long term care for veteran patients in a manner which is reflective of good clinical judgment, medical knowledge, clinical skills (medical interviewing, physical examination, and procedural skills), humanistic qualities and professionalism.
Incumbent will serve as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner for the Dalhart Community Outpatient Clinic. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct physical examination of patients
- Prescribe medication and treatment
- Order and interpret laboratory test for screening and for diagnosing
- Conduct comprehensive medical and social history of individuals, including those who are healthy and those with acute illness and chronic diseases.
- Provide information, instructions, and counseling on health maintenance, health promotion, social problems, illness prevention, and medication use.
- Refer individuals to appropriate specialist, physicians, nurses, or other health care provider
- Assess, plan, implement, supervise, teach, evaluate and document patient care.
- Perform various minor invasive/clinical procedures including not limited to suturing
- Help to produce a therapeutic environment and plan of care to promote optimal health status.
Tour of Duty: M-F
Bargaining Unit: This is a Bargaining Unit position
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Relocation expenses/Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Citizenship of the United States.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and accredited by one of the following accredited bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: the National League for NursingAccredited Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Current,full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduateprofessional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District ofColumbia.The RN must maintain a current, full, active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with VA.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must possess and maintain full and current certification as a Nurse Practitioner from the American Nurses Association or other nationally recognized certifying body. (The certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected.
Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows:
- Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization
- Professional Development: performance, education/career development
- Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality
- Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or rÃ©sumÃ©. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse (Available athttp://www.vacareers.va.gov/job-search/applications.asp (required).
- CV or Resume.
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- Occupational Questionnaire
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).