Pediatric/Young Adult Complex Medical Nurse - Multiple Shifts Available - Hiring Bonuses!
We can match RNs and LPNs with the best fit based on skill set, passions, and schedule needs! Hiring bonuses on most positions.
Do you prefer a smaller, home-like setting? Maybe our ChildServe Medical Home is the right environment for you!
Are you happy with your current job, but want some extra experience or part-time hours while parents get time to rest and recharge? We offer Specialized Respite nursing care opportunities with flexible hours.
Are you an independent worker that wants to support children in being able to stay in the comfort of their own home? Homecare nursing could be your match!
Are you looking for a regular business hour schedule as part of a one-of-a-kind team? Medical Childcare is a unique, multidisciplinary opportunity that is the only of its kind in Iowa!
Are you looking for that floor nursing feel in an uplifting, interdisciplinary environment? Our Long-term Care, Pediatric Long-term Care, or Pediatric Rehabilitation units all offer a variety of complexities and heart-warming experiences.
Submit an application today and we'll reach out to set up a time to discuss via phone or Zoom.
What You'll Do
- Within the nursing scope of practice, physician’s orders, and the care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by nursing standards of practice and ChildServe policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with residents, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe staff, and others to assure assigned child’s care needs are assessed, communicated, and met.
- (RN) Provide oversight of the care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and paraprofessionals.
- Provide training to patients, families, and staff as needed to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with a child’s care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe equipment, supplies, and environment.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the clinic areas, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in (or through) reading, writing and speaking the English language
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process.
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.