Registered Nurse - Home Based Primary Care
5 days left
- Full Time
This position is a member of the Home Based Primary Care team that provides medical care to Veterans who are unable to receive primary care at the Hot Springs Campus. In the clinical role this individual will:
- Provide skilled nursing service and case management to a group of veterans in their home/residential setting.
- Be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of the equipment necessary to function safely in the home and community setting.
- Possesses a valid unrestricted driver's license and is expected to drive to veterans' place of residence in order to provide skilled nursing services.
- Consistently demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to function autonomously within the scope of their professional practice.
- Must possess positive interpersonal skills that facilitate good communication and care coordination between the veteran, caregiver and the HBPC team.
- Represents the VAMC and HBPC as a competent professional in all encounters with the public.
- A highly qualified individual is self-motivated in prioritizing, organizing and carrying out assigned duties.
- He/she demonstrates flexibility, ingenuity and concentrated effort in meeting patient needs.
Location: This position is located in the Home Based Primary Care Team at the Hot Springs Campus under the authority of Extended Care and Rehab Service Line with travel to veteran homes within a 70 mile radius of Hot Springs, South Dakota.
Work Schedule:Monday - Friday, 7:00 am -3:30 pm; Full-time; 80 hours biweekly
Functional Statement Title: HBPC Staff Nurse
- U.S. Citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: TheAccreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN-formerly NLNAC)or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualified for professional nursing registration constitute the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse ina State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
The criteria are as follows:
- Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization;
- Professional Development: performance, education/career development;
- Collaboration: collaboration, collegiality;
- Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, no experience.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of experience, or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field and no experience; or a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and no experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of experience, or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of experience; or a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of experience, or a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of experience, or ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years experience or a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years experience, or a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no experience.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years experience.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www1.va.gov/vapubs/viewPublication.asp?Pub_ID=464&FType=2
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
Heavy Lifting (50 lbs and over); Heavy Carrying (50 lbs and over); Straight Pulling/Pushing (3 hours); Reaching above shoulder (2 hours);Walking (up to4 hours); Standing (up to1 hour); Repeated bending (up to4 hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Simple grasping (2 hours); Kneeling (up to 1 hour); Climbing (1/2 hour).All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(10-2850a Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthestists, and Copy of License)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
*Other Veterans Document
Transcripts are required to verify degree and date degree conferred. COURSE LISTINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
VA Form 10-2850A - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists: (required) - Must be signed and dated within the last year. Available atthe VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc.You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided.A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the datesof service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2003865.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.