STAFF NURSE (COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE)
4 days left
- Full Time
Community Health Nurse is responsible for coordination of services for veterans who require skilled care in the home. The Community Health Nurse works with all levels of staff to include collaborative efforts with other health care professional in order to ensure appropriate discharge planning and follow-up and/ or provide skilled home services to an outpatient population. The Community Health Nurse is knowledgeable of funding sources (Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd party insurance, or VA fee basis (NON VA Care). The Community Health Nurse interacts with multiple Community agencies to facilitate a timely response to a referral. Provides backup and support to CHNC in provision of care in contract nursing home population .
The Associate Chief Nurse- Ambulatory and Extended Care
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team composed of medical, nursing, Social Work,
Rehabilitation and Dietary Staff to coordinate the Veteran's care upon discharge.
Identifies and communicates Veteran care needs which require the support and/or intervention of other disciplines and works collaboratively with these disciplines to develop plans to meet needs.
Processes consults for skilled home care for the patients in Wilmington VA hospital, CLC, HBPC, and outpatients from Primary Care, specialty clinics and CBOCs.
Interacts with home health agencies that provide care to the veterans to ensure timely evaluation and receipt of the plan of care.
Initiates authorization for purchased skilled home care and extends care when appropriate.
Ensures Face to face encounters completed by Pecos certified physicians on veteran referred under Medicare benefit.
Visits patients in contract nursing homes every other month to provide assistance to CHNC.BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
He/she has a Masters degree in nursing or related field with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with two to three years of successful nursing practice; or a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field from an accredited or state approved school of nursing with two to three years of successful nursing practice. Completing annual inspections or community nursing homes and state Veteran Homes according otCenter of Medicaid/Medicare standards and/or Veterans Health Administration standards. Must have a BLS from the American Heart Association.
Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
The criteria are as follows:
- Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization;
- Professional Development: performance, education/career development;
- Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality;
- Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements of this position include lifting, prolonged standing and sitting, frequent bending, walking (distance), climbing (steps, ladder, etc, reaching (overhead, extensive/repetitive), repetitive motion and stooping. The mental/sensory requirements include recall, reasoning, problem-solving, hearing, speaking clearly, writing legibly, keyboarding, reading and logical thinking. The environment's pace can vary from steady to a sometimes fast pace requiring handling of multiple priorities, frequent, sometimes intense customer interactions, and the ability to adapt to frequent changes in a sometimes noisy environment. There may be the need to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to disease, illness and hazardous materials.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form.?, For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*DD-214
*Other Veterans Document
Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf This is a required form and must be submitted with your application, if not received you will be disqualified. This includes internal and external applicants.
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (Available http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf)
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2003744.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.