Nurse Practitioner (HUD/VASH)
4 days left
- Full Time
The Nurse Practitioner (NP)position isin the Social Work Service at the VA Central CA Healthcare System (VACCHCS), Fresno,CA.This position provides support for the Housing and Urban Development-Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) Program for chronically homeless Veterans while residing in stable housing through HUD's Section 8 voucher system. The incumbent will be assigned to the Enhanced Housing First Team, who utilizes critical thinking in the application of advanced clinical health care knowledge and skills, in conducting comprehensive physical examinations of Veterans. He/she will execute position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to management of complex patient care. He/she provides high quality, evidence-based patient care through the utilization of advanced educational preparation and specialized clinical expertise. The Enhanced Housing First Team is a team that consists of a diverse multi-disciplinary team that holds a case load of 80-100 Chronically Homeless Veterans. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs medical record reviews and clinical interviews, provides diagnosis/evaluation, makes medical assessments and renders medical opinion(s).
- Utilizes guidelines in evaluation, reporting and documentation of history, physical assessment, and diagnostic testing of Veterans. Home visits may be required.
- If called upon to do so in the primary care setting, will provide preventative clinical guidelines, appropriate nursing and medicine standards of care, and collaboration with team physicians in providing quality care to patients presenting with acute and chronic conditions.
- Conducts a comprehensive assessment of patients' medical, physical and biopsychosocial status including obtaining a relevant health and medical history and performing a physical examination based on age and history.
- Core elements of performance include knowledge and active participation in unit/program level quality improvement processes and initiatives as well as the customer service program.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team, providing consultation and education as needed.
- Attends all mandated annual review programs and takes responsibility for attending in-service and continuing education activities.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm
Functional Statement Title: Nurse Practitioner (HUD/VASH) #2892/3/4
U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Nurse Practitioner in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Master's Degree from a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted certification as a Nurse Practitioner from the American Nurses Associated or another nationally certifying body. The certification must be in the specialty related to this position.
- Nurse I Level III - A Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - AMaster's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: The Nurse Practitioner assigned to this position works as the provider for the Homeless Primary Aligned Care Team(H-PACT). H-PACT provides a comprehensive Veteran centered model of care which includes Primary Care and homeless outreach. Preferred candidates will possess acute care experience in chronic medical conditions with the ability to work independently within an interdisciplinary team. Experience in the emergency department or in-patient care is preferred.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting & Carrying (15-44lbs); Straight Pulling & Pushing (7-8 hrs); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (7-8 hours); Standing & Kneeling (up to 1 hour); Repeated bending (7-8 hrs); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional and Mental Stability.
*Documents 1-5 are required from every applicant. Documents 6-7 are required if they apply to you.*
2. VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required) Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
3. Occupational Questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire (if applying online, you will be prompted to respond electronically. If submitting application via fax, you must complete the 1203FX.)
4. NP Certification/License: Copy ofNP certification and NP license required for the position.
5. Copy of unofficial/official transcripts (official transcripts must be provided if selected for the position).
6. IF current/former Federal employee, you MUST include a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. You may obtain this from your current Human Resources office or your e-Official Personnel Folder. The SF-50 must display: Title, Pay Plan, Occ Code, Grade, tenure, and Position Occupied. This includes ICTAP/CTAP documentation for displaced Federal employees, to include a copy of the agency notice in addition to your last SF-50.
7. IF prior military service, you MUST include a copy of your DD-214 Form for each period of service (Member-4 copy showing type of discharge and dates of service). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability must also submit a copy of your DD-214 may be requested by calling 800-827-1000 or TDD# 800-829-4833. If you are on terminal leave from active duty, attach a letter from your commander indicating the data of discharge and type of discharge.
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.