AL Certified Nursing Assistant - Full-Time
Our Lady of the Valley is currently hiring for the 11-7 shift in our Assisted Living.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for the implementation of health-related programs, services, and activities which promote, enhance, and maintain resident health and independence. He/she is responsible for implementing health-related procedures and records.
This position requires the candidate be a graduate of a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by the Commonwealth of Virginia and to have successfully passed the competency evaluation program. The candidate must be listed in good standing with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Health Professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Participates in the comprehensive assessment/development of the resident plan of care and follows that plan in the daily routine care of each resident
- Reports on residents needing assistance with various activities of daily living, medication, mobility, or general health issues to the charge nurse
- Observes and protects resident rights, including the right to confidentiality, privacy, and dignity
- Provides special supervision and assistance to those residents who need assistance with ADL's
- Assistance with personal hygiene will include but not be limited to care of the body, mouth, teeth/dentures, fingernails, toenails, hair. Provision will be made for baths to be taken at least two times per week and more
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a CNA in Virginia
- Current CPR certification,or acquire certification within 60 days of hire
At least one year experience in an Assisted Living or Nursing Home preferred.Company Description
Our Lady of the Valley is a nonprofit, nondenominational senior living community sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Since 1989, we have provided comfortable and affordable senior housing and care for those who call our community home. Our on-site continuum of care includes assisted living, long-term nursing care, and skilled rehabilitation services.