3 to 11 Shift RN, $1000 BONUS
7 days left
- Contract Type
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are offering a $500 bonus to be paid out among a period of 6 months for all nurses hired from 2/7/2017 to 3/72017. Please call for details.
Provides care to residents in accordance with care plan as directed by physicians orders.
Education and Certification:
RN degree (ASN minimum) from an accredited college or nursing school; current RN licensure within the state of practice; CPR certification required.
Skills & Requirements:
Must possess the ability to read, write and speak the English language; must be involved in health care matters and projects with the community as needed; must have strong communication and presentation skills in both group and individual situations; must be patient, friendly, courteous and respectful to residents in any situation, including difficult ones; must be able to make independent decisions when necessary; must have the ability to follow nursing department guidelines as outlined by the company and other regulations governing nursing services in a long-term care facility; must be able to move frequently throughout the workday; must be able to lift 40 lbs floor to waist; lift 20 lbs waist to shoulder; lift and carry 40 lbs; and push/pull 40 lbs.
Minimum one year nursing experience in a long-term care or other health care setting; geriatrics experience preferred.
Primarily works in an office setting as well as throughout the nursing department; bends, lifts, sits, stands and moves frequently throughout the shift; deals with frequent interruptions and possibly upset residents and family members; works regularly scheduled shifts in addition to weekends and holidays and other hours based on resident needs; primary responsibility is service to the residents but also deals with visitors, government personnel, etc.; participates in required continuing education programs; subject to odors, falls, burns and exposure to infectious diseases, waste, etc., including AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Competencies of Position
Professionalism and Compassion: Reports to work on time and as scheduled; works in unison with all staff; displays a willingness to help others; embraces constructive criticism; presents a friendly and professional attitude; displays genuine care and concern for the residents and families; remains sensitive to the needs of the residents; possesses the patience necessary to address questions and concerns of the residents or families in a respectful manner.
Resident Rights: Promptly reports resident grievances to supervisors; treats all resident care information with confidentiality; continuously monitors assigned areas to ensure residents are treated fairly and with dignity and respect at all times.
Organizational and Communication Skills: Ability to multi-task and is detail-oriented; possesses the ability to effectively prioritize matters promptly and appropriately; understands the importance of follow-up; has the ability to assist LPNs and CNAs in organizing daily tasks effectively; builds rapport with residents and families through listening attentively and effectively following up; able to effectively communicate individually or as a group; must have the ability to communicate effectively and respectively with CNAs, LPNs, physicians, families and residents.
Safety Awareness: Follows safety program guidelines; immediately reports accidents and incidents to supervisors; identifies unsafe working areas and promptly reports to supervisors; promotes safety by working as safely and efficiently as possible; consistently follows infection control and universal precautions and other guidelines; identifies and corrects or reports hazardous conditions to supervisors; understands facility emergency and evacuation protocols.
Customer Service: Treats all residents, families, co-workers, inquiries, referral sources and supervisors with dignity and respect and takes initiative to exceed customer expectations; professionally represents the facility, self and position to visitors and residents; shows genuine concern for the residents; demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to help to all visitors and residents; remains sensitive to all needs through listening, observing and responding appropriately for the position held.
Leadership Skills: Possesses an approachable management style; ability to solve problems and treat each situation fairly; is calming during a crisis situation; ability to build positive relationships with employees and other managers; ability to exercise sound judgment; enables and motivates staff and provides on-going recognition and praise.
Essential Job Duties
- Successfully delivers basic nursing care to residents under in accordance with care plans as ordered by a physician.
- Conducts on-going assessments of residents to identify care needs and makes needed revisions to the care plan based on changes in resident condition.
- Documents interventions and resident or family education efforts timely and accurately.
- Effectively meets all care needs of the residents through timely completion of assigned duties.
- Responsible for a wide variety of nursing administrative duties.
- Conducts rounds within the nursing department to ensure quality care of residents.
- Accurately documents nursing care notes in resident charts in a timely manner.
- Performs medication administration and IV duties in accordance with the care plan as ordered by a physician.
- Monitors progress of the residents and makes suggestions regarding treatment plans which may further meet their care needs.
- Observes resident behavior, vital signs, symptoms, responses to treatment and reports findings to nursing supervisors.
- Reports changes in resident conditions to the nursing supervisors.
- Completes resident incident reports upon identifying changes in the condition of residents.
- Monitors residents skin to identify the risk of pressure sores and promptly reports to the nursing supervisors.
- Places medication and refill orders with the resident pharmacies as needed.
- Takes inventory of narcotics and monitors emergency kits.
- Monitors the emotional and physical conditions of the residents to ensure comfort and safety.
- Performs shift change reports with the previous shift nurses and ensures proper follow up.
- Understands and follows proper procedures for admission, transfer and discharge of the residents.
- May assist in the recruitment, selection and orientation of qualified team members for the Nursing Department.
- Provides expectations and monitors performance of specific nursing staff.
- Directs and develops LPNs and CNAs to ensure the delivery of high quality care and services in accordance with all laws, regulations and Company guidelines.
- Delegates assignments and provides overall supervision to LPNs and CNAs.
- Effectively communicates policies and procedures to LPNs, CNAs, Restorative Aides, residents, families and physicians.
- Provides overall supervision for timely responses to call lights; responds personally as needed.
- Assists in providing on-the-job training for new RNs, LPNs and CNAs.
- Assists in promoting a team environment through effectively communicating praise and recognition with the LPNs and CNAs.
- Monitors schedule adherence of staff for lunch and rest breaks, beginning and ending of shifts and overtime.
- Monitors job performance of LPNs and CNAs and provides correction as needed.
Other Job Duties
- Monitors resident meal trays to ensure proper diet is being served.
- May participate in development and delivery of in-service training programs.
- Participates in facility and department orientation program for new employees.
- Assists with communicating new admissions with nursing staff to ensure rooms are prepared for arrival.
- Provides direct nursing care as necessary.
- Promotes continuity of care through partnering with other departments (i.e. Rehab).
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- Actively participates in state or federal survey processes.
- May assist in performing safety in-services for nursing staff regarding exposures to blood or body fluids, infection control, etc.
- Assists in educating LPNs, RNs and CNAs on facility policies regarding resident right to refuse treatments.
Centre Pointe Health and Rehabilitation Center believes in creating a culture of respect, integrity and compassion. Our team works together to fulfill our mission. We fundamentally believe that caring for the elderly and the disabled is a calling and we are committed to answering the call...