Case Manager - RN
Milestone Health Solutions is seeking qualified and experienced Case Management Registered Nurses (RN) to provided services at a Department of Defense Level I Trauma Center located at San Antonio Military Medical Center SAMMC, Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
The position is scheduled for 9 hours shifts (0700 to 2100) Saturday through Sunday 40 hours each week, full time.
Essential Job Responsibilities :
- Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families for case management from a variety of sources such as discharge/disposition planning, referrals
- Develops, coordinates, collaborates and obtains approval of an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and long term goals, objectives and actions.
- Guides the patient and family/care giver through the healthcare system, maximizing use of resources
- Documents and updates the treatment plan as needed in accordance with existing Department of Defense (DoD), Air Force (AF), local facility and other agency guidelines.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings.
- Completes medical record documentation and coding and designated tracking logs and data reporting as required.
- Communicates empathetically, compassionately and professionally with patients and other personnel
- RN shall be a graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- The personnel shall have and maintain a current Nursing RN license, and 20 contact hours of continuing educational credits every year.
- The personnel shall have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- The personnel must possess and maintain an active current; valid; and unrestricted license from a US jurisdiction.
- The personnel shall confirm that the clinical licenses or certifications have not been suspended or revoked by any healthcare facility, public or private, anywhere in the world.
Drug Testing and Immunizations:
- The personnel may be required to submit to drug/alcohol testing.
- The employee shall provide proof of immunization or immunity from or screening for the following diseases: Hepatitis B, MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Varicella, Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis), Tuberculosis (TB), HIV (Contractor Personnel who have direct patient care) and influenza for all personnel prior to contract performance.
Milestone Health Solutions (MHS) provides strategic staffing solutions poised to meet both long and short-term healthcare staffing needs. Our workforce consists of qualified and accessible healthcare professionals who aim to exceed customer expectations.
The Milestone Staffing approach seeks to cater to our clients specific business needs and provide quality staffing solutions that supports long-term business goals.