Assistant Director of Nursing
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
General Responsibilities:Functions as acting Director of Nursing in her/his absence. Provides assistance in the functioning of the Nursing Department. Assists and supports the translation of the nursing philosophy by participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to Gods love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Actively participates in orientation programming.
- Performs other assigned administrative duties such as on call supervision as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Functions as the Employee Health Nurse ensuring that policy and procedures are met and annual health assessments are completed timely.
- Completes daily rounds for the purpose of supervision of nursing practices and their compliance.
- Provides to DON any and all reports requested pertaining to infection control, employee health, orientation, sanitation and risk management.
- Assures that the facility is in compliance with CDC, OSHA and local regulations concerning infection control, maintaining proper protocol and policy for exposure testing.
- Actively demonstrates knowledge in safety policies and ergonomics.
- Communicates with DON to attain goals of facility. Maintain and update departmental policy and procedure review.
- Oversees staffing of the Nursing Department and controls agency costs.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by DON. Attends all meetings or programs as directed by DON.
- Alerts DON to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by DON.
- Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily or as directed by the DON.
- Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the DON.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- NJ RN Licensure
- Skilled Nursing experience in a long-term care with geriatric population
- 2+ years supervisory experience
Zagaruyka & Associates is 3rd party search firm, contracted out by the hiring company.