Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)
The San Diego Psychiatric Hospital, also known as the County Mental Hospital, is currently hiring qualified candidates for the position of PSYCHIATRIC REGISTERED NURSE (RN).
It is a locked facility and a component of the San Diego County Behavioral Health Services' continuum of care. The mission of the Hospital is to provide psychiatric evaluation and crisis intervention-oriented acute treatment for adult residents of San Diego County. The goal of the Hospital is to help stabilize patients' behavioral health crisis, and move ahead to a less restrictive level of care.
The San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital is located at:
3853 Rosecrans St., San Diego, CA 92110
The Psych RNs are assigned to one of two shifts:
Morning (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Night (7 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
- Possession of a valid and current California Registered Nurse license
- Experience in a psychiatric, detox, or emergency setting is highly desirable.
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Valid Professional Assault Crisis and Restraint Certification
*** We will provide the a Professional Assault Crisis and Restraint training certification
Essential Functions include but not limited to:
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options.
- Professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques used in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients
- Social, psychological and physical factors of mental and emotional disorders
- Medical and psychological terminology
Skills and Abilities to:
- Apply professional nursing care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of psychiatric patients
- Develop interpersonal therapeutic relationships with psychiatric patients
- Keep accurate written charts and records of patient activities and progress
Starting at $34.00 - $37.33 per hour
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Weekly Pay
TO APPLY,please send me a copy of your resume and/or call me in the office at (619) 615-0439 and ask to speak with Dexter.Company Description
United Nursing International Health Care provides facilities nationwide with quality, experienced caring nurses and allied healthcare professionals. UNI has been providing healthcare facilities with supplemental, per diem, contract and travel healthcare professionals since 1986. We provide our clients with staffing and management support services 24 hours per day 7 days a week.