Staff Nurse (Surgical Clinic Coordinator)
4 days left
- Full Time
The incumbent of this position is accountable to the Chief, PCS in Surgical Healthcare Group. TheClinic Coordinator is responsibleto organize and coordinate patient care across the care continuum and to achieve specific patient outcomes in collaboration with the health team while promoting cost effective, quality care. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: 1) Utilizes the nursing process in managing, developing, implementing and evaluating each patient's individual plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team to attain specific clinical outcomes in inpatient and outpatient settings; 2) Promotes collaborative practice to provide and expedite quality patient care along the entire health care continuum, to eliminate fragmentation of care; 3) Participates in clinic for the purpose of pre-operative screening, teaching and referral of patients; 4) Monitors and controls allocation of human and material resources needed to achieve specific clinical outcomes and decrease length of stay for patient; 5) Acts as a staff developer by providing leadership in the improvement of nursing practice, by role-modeling clinical skills, and assisting in problem resolution; 6) Participates in activities which meet the performance standards contract for the Medical Center; 7) Participates in the development and implementation of recommended policies and procedures as related to Case Management and/or designated clinical area; 8) Provides for the educational needs of the health care team regarding Case Management and/or topics specific to designated clinical care; 9) Maintains and upgrades own knowledge base and skills regarding Case Management and/or specific clinical areas and applies this knowledge to nursing practice; 10) Participates in clinical research within designated area and/or related to Case Management; 11) Establishes effective networking relationships with peers and professionals within the community as related to Case Management; and 12) Collects, tracks, and trends data for designated population.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
W e are a 24/7 medical center with various tours of duty and incumbent may be required to work off tours, nights, holidays and/or weekends to meet the mission of caring for the Veterans
- U.S. citizenship
- English language proficiency
- Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
- Registration - Current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. The RN must maintain a current, full active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with the VA
- Educational requirements can be met as follows:
(1) Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed: a) The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC); or b) The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). OR
(2) The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. OR
(3) In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration, will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Must maintain a full active and unrestricted drivers license and the ability to drive a vehicle.
The following requirements are preferred for this position:
References: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G6, NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated March 17, 2009.
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by aProfessional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light Lifting, under 15 pounds, light carrying, under 15 pounds, pulling hand over hand 1.5 hours (varies), pushing, 1 hour (varies), reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, walking (12 hours-varies), Standing (12 hours-varies), repeated bending (4 hours varies), climbing, legs only (.2 hours-varies), both legs required (prosthetics OK), ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 12" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, must have good vision in one eye. Hearing (aid permitted).
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veteransshould claim preferenceon the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, nonservice-connected disability, andPurple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submita completed SF 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and required documentation with your application materials.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, go to http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetsinfo.asp.
Internal VALB Applicants:
- VA Form 10- 2850a - Application For Nurses And Nurse Anesthetists (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf)
- Memorandum of Interest. (Optional)
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Completed Online Questionnaire
- CV or Resume
- VA Form 10- 2850a - Application For Nurses And Nurse Anesthetists (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf
- Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
- Unofficial transcript(s) - official college transcript(s) will be required before being hired).
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf ).
- Veterans must submit appropriate documentation as described previously in this vacancy announcement.
- If currently employed in the VA system, include a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.