Registered Nurse-RN Care Manager (PM&R)
The RN Care Manager for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services (PM&R) is located inPhysical Medicine and RehabDepartment under the supervisionof the Chief of Staff at the Alexandria VA Healthcare System. The RN Care Manager is an integral part of the healthcare team to improve and promote health while ensuring efficiency of the team's practice and communication system. The RN Care Manager systemically assesses all of the Veterans' health care to plan care and collect information pertinent to their presenting history. The primary assessment will include but is not limited to: medication reconciliation, documenting subjective information regarding illness and/or health concerns. The RN Care Manager obtains access to patient care including scheduled clinic visits, unscheduled or urgent visits, shared medical group visits, telephone visits, incoming telephone demand and other non-traditional opportunities. Additional duties will include: identify high risk populations and utilizes VHA Support Service Center(VSSC) data for provision of plans of care, initiates patient centered care based on assessment and reassessment during each patient encounter, communicates appropriately with the patient and family members at the level of understanding to establish a continuous healing relationship for health promotion disease prevention, acute care, chronic care and end of life care, provides patient and family education, triages to other team members as appropriate, follow ups, administer treatments and medications, and maintain confidentiality with Veteran and VA employee health care records.
The incumbent is subject to completion of two years probationary period .
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
THIS IS A BARGAINING UNIT, EXCEPTED SERVICE, TITLE 38 POSITION.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized
This position is open until filled.The first cut off date is September 5, 2017 and every 15 workdays thereafter. If a selection is not made from the first certificate of eligibles.
Must bea citizenofthe United States.
Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.
Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows: Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization, Professional Development: performance, education/career development, Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality, Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research. Education/Experience Requirements:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, no experience.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of experience, or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field and no experience; or a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and no experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of experience, or an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of experience; or a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of experience, or a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of experience, or ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years experience or a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years experience, or a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no experience.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years experience.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WEWILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD;
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- CV or Resume
- VA Form 10-2850a -Application for NurseandNurse Anesthetist-http://www.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/applicantchecklist.doc).
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service(required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference is available at (http://www.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/applicantchecklist.doc).
- Ifcurrently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
- Optional Form 306 (Declaration for Federal Employment), required for all non-Federal applicants (http://www.opm.gov/forms/html/OF.asp)
- Occupational Questionnaire
- College Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable). If your transcript is being forwarded separately from your college or university, it must also include the announcement number on either the transcripts or envelope in order to match it withyour application material.