Living Branches is currently seeking full-time and part-timeNursing/Resident Assistants to work in our Personal Care departments at any or all of our campuses: Dock Woods (Lansdale, PA), Souderton Mennonite Homes (Souderton, PA), and Dock Meadows (Hatfield, PA)
The Resident Assistant, under the direction of the nursing staff, will provide direct resident care duties based upon the individualized care plan/support plan of each resident, including attention to the resident's personal care (hygiene, bed changes, etc.) with an extreme display of compassion.
- Provides resident care in accordance with individualized care plan/support plan.
- Conducts required rounds during designated shift to record status on each resident and works with team to ensure quality care for all residents.
- Maintains good documentation which is critical in providing the nursing staff with information on each resident. May be required to record and to track vital signs of residents and report that information to the nurse.
- Assists residents with incontinence care, catheters, colostomy assistance, bathroom needs (either using a bed pan or assisting them to the bathroom) and stays with them as required to insure their safety.
- Provides assistance with daily hygiene, setting up bathing supplies, or assisting with bathing when needed, and as required changes the resident's bed to insure clean sheets and blankets.
- Provides the resident with clean clothing and assists with dressing if needed.
- Ability to lift, transfer and position residents and to assist out of bed as needed. This may require the assistance of others and/or mechanical lift.
- Assists residents, as necessary, during meals and/or with tray service during meals. This may include providing residents with feeding assistance.
- Always displays compassion towards the residents, listens and responds to their needs, provides answers to their care questions by bringing all questions about their care and well being to the attention of the nurse.
- Assists residents to and from programs and meals as needed.
- May be required to attend meetings relating to the care of the residents and scheduled team meetings.
- Encourages and assists residents to attend and participate in scheduled activities. This may include participating in program activities as necessary.
- May be required to assist with laundry services and trash collection
- Listed on the PA Nurse Aide Registry and/or DPW Certification
- Certified in CPR
- Ability to follow regulatory guidelines for the department
- Experience working with geriatric persons or working with dementia residents a plus
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Knowledge of HIPPA rules and regulations and of regulations and guidelines governing long-term care
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, has ability to prioritize work and to address emergencies as they may occur
Living Branches employs over 600 team members and has more than 1,350 residents at three locations in Pennsylvania. The organization offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Personal Leave, Health Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and use of the onsite fitness centers. Living Branches is an equal opportunity employer.Company Description
Living Branches is a not-for-profit system of retirement living and affordable housing communities dedicated to providing quality, life-enriching services on three campuses in southeastern Pennsylvania. The organization employs more than 600 team members and offers a wide range of housing, support services, and engaging activities for more than 1,350 residents.