Registered Nurse (RN)
Dock Woods, a Living Branches Community, is currently seeking a full timeCharge Nurse for our Healthcare Unit at our Lansdale, PA location.
The Charge nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the nursing care of residents in accordance with Living Branches policies and in accordance with current Federal, State and local nursing standards. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by others under his/her direction.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with standard nursing techniques and written instructions, utilizing policies and procedures of Living Branches. Observes residents, records condition and outcomes of drugs or treatments.
- Ensures that temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital sign checks including pacemakers checks are completed and recorded.
- Prepares and submits shift change report to ensure a seamless transition in the delivery of nursing care. Maintains documentation as required by regulation and organization policies.
- Responds and reacts to emergency calls from residents. Notifies physicians, supervisor, family or other appropriate personnel when unusual resident condition exists. Implements physician's instructions for care and treatment, including medication and dietary changes.
- Monitors environment and inspects rooms for cleanliness, comfort and proper utilization and operation of medical devices and equipment. Writes maintenance work orders for any problems with equipment.
- Prepares resident assessment and other documentation required by facility or governmental agency. Schedules appointments and transportation for resident visits to doctor's office or hospital.
- Instructs and supervises Resident Assistants and other related staff. Ensures adequate staff coverage for sick calls when supervisor is not on duty. May coordinate the use of agency staff for the nursing department. (Supervisory responsibilities on designated weekend)
- Assists residents in Activities of Daily Living.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance process, reviews new/revised policies and procedures and consults with Director of Health Care Services on specific skilled nursing problems or policies.
- CPR certified
- New Grads welcome to apply!
- Knowledge of HIPPA rules and regulations and of regulations and guidelines governing long-term care
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively interact with others
-Strong managerial skills to provide guidance and direction, set performance standards and monitor performance of subordinates
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, has ability to prioritize work and address emergencies as they may occur
Living Branches employs over 600 team members and has more than 1,350 residents at three locations in Pennsylvania. The organization offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Personal Leave, Health Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and use of the onsite fitness centers. Living Branches is an equal opportunity employer.
Living Branches is a not-for-profit system of retirement living and affordable housing communities dedicated to providing quality, life-enriching services on three campuses in southeastern Pennsylvania. The organization employs more than 600 team members and offers a wide range of housing, support services, and engaging activities for more than 1,350 residents.