RN Case Manager (weekends) - $8,000 Bonus
Cornerstone Hospice is seeking a professional full-time RN Case Manager to plan, organize and direct hospice care for our patients. The RN Case Manager will conduct home visits and build a holistic care plan from the resources of the community to meet the needs of individuals and families.
Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 8am 8pm
- Provides services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills, in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician. May make the initial evaluation visit to the patient. Demonstrates competency in all skills required for the agency, including, but not limited to, pain and symptom control, wound care, infusion therapy, infusion therapy device care, and aseptic technique.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates, the nursing needs of the patient. Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the patients plan of care in collaboration with IDT. Assesses the patients continual care needs. Addresses all problems in the plan of care or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Initiates diagnostic and palliative nursing procedures as appropriate to the patients care and safety. Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patients needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to physician and/or other appropriate health professional as often as needed, or upon changes in the patients condition.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patients condition. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Coordinates the total plan of care and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with other health professionals assigned to same patient. Attends weekly IDT meetings. Initiates patient care conferences for complex and/or multi-disciplinary patients whenever needed.
- Supervises and teaches the home health aide. Assesses the patients needs for unskilled care at least every two weeks and revises the plan of care as appropriate. Communicates the plan of care changes to the aide and scheduler as often as necessary.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care visit records that reflect the patients plan of care with accuracy, timeliness, and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation within 24 hours of visit.
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the agency regarding service delivery documentation and care coordination. During supervisory visits exhibits full compliance and verbalizes knowledge of agency policies including, but not limited to, patient education, infection control, management of hazardous wastes and age-specific behaviors for patients.
- Participates in the quality improvement/compliance program for our agency.
- Valid Florida RN license.
- Minimum one year of clinical experience.
- Valid Florida drivers license and required auto liability insurance.
Cornerstone Hospice has been a licensed not-for-profit Hospice since 1984. We value our employees and offer competitive compensation, full benefits package, 403b retirement plan match, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, and learning resources to be successful in your career, plus more!Company Description
Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc., a free-standing, independent, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to compassionate care for its patients throughout seven counties in Central Florida.
Founded in 1984, it's our mission to make quality Hospice care available to all persons, their families, and those affected by serious illness, death and dying in our community; to advocate effectively for patients comfort, dignity and choice; and to be recognized as the leading resource in clinical, ethical, and spiritual issues of dying and grief.
If you have the hospice heart, we welcome you to visit our careers page for current opportunities: https://cshospice.org/careers/