CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
We are seeking a CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant to join our team. You will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
The purpose of this position is to provide direct daily care to residents at the skilled nursing level of care according to care plans, standard procedures and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities. This position assists in the safety, comfort and well being of residents. This position is cross-trained generally assigned to the skilled nursing facility, may be assigned to the assisted living level of care as needed.
In this role the Certified Nursing Assistant will:
- Reports directly to the nurse manager, may also take direction from licensed nurses on duty or other supervisory staff.
- Provides direct care to residents on a daily basis.
- Position also assists with activities, light housekeeping, laundry, and dining services.
- Position is service in nature, in performance of duties the resident care assistant is entrusted to assist residents with basic personal care according to procedures and daily assignment.
- This includes but is not limited to bathing, dressing, dental hygiene, toilet activities, grooming, feeding, transportation/transfer, etc.
- Maintain resident rooms in a clean and orderly manner by providing light housekeeping, changing linen, making beds, putting away clothing and personal effects, tidying bedside table, shelves, closets, and cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Assist with resident laundry assuring clothes are marked, clean and mended, ironed, and put away.
- Notify supervisor of clothing needs as they occur.
- Prepare residents for meals, assist with serving meals and feeding of residents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Completion and passing the test for an approved Nursing Assistant program in the State.
- Listed on the States Health Nursing Assistant Registry.
*high end of compensation reflects shift differential.
For more information about Covenant Retirement Communities, please visit www.covenantretirement.org.Company Description
Today, at Covenant Village of Cromwell, we believe being a not-for-profit, faith-based retirement community allows us to offer a place that fulfills the needs of residents in ways that other communities simply cant. We deliver services and amenities that nurture individuality and empower each resident to strive for his or her greatest level of well-being. The result is a welcoming environment thats more than just a community of peopleits a place residents are proud to call home.