Director of Nursing
Company: Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Position: Director of Nursing
Location: Worcester, MA
Status: Full Time
The Nursing Director is a key member of the leadership team of the health center. He/she is responsible for the planning and implementation of all activities related to nursing throughout the organization in the clinical locations in Worcester, Framingham, and Milford. This includes the development, with other members of the leadership team, of a strategic plan for nursing as a component of the overall health center strategic plan.
The Nursing Director is responsible for the management of all facets of nursing care at the center, including outlining the nursing role in care delivery, standardization of nursing practice across the organization through policies, procedures, and standardized orientation and training; and oversight of all nursing operations.
This position plays a key role in achieving the goals of quality, cost effectiveness, and patient satisfaction through the development of a well-trained and skilled nursing staff working in collaboration with other members of the health care team, guided by clear protocols, procedures, and expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees nursing and medical assistant functions throughout the organization. Directly supervises nurse managers at each site and service, working closely with the onsite medical management structure to assure full integration of nursing functions into the operations of the medical department.
2. Works with other members of the health center leadership to develop policies and procedures to guide clinical operations throughout the organization.
3. In conjunction with other members of the leadership team, develops and implements a nursing strategy as an integral part of the health center's overall strategic directions.
4. In collaboration with site management and other members of the leadership team, develops a nursing recruitment and retention strategy, including outlining hiring and selection criteria, establishing staffing levels, designing professional development programs and career ladders, and identifying training needs of staff.
5. Develops and implements programs related to nursing, including defining and advancing the role of nursing in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
6. Accomplishes the financial goals of the health center by carefully evaluating the provision of nursing services, with consideration for appropriate staffing models and levels, workflows, and structure to assure efficiency as well as quality of care.
7. Keeps current on all regulatory, licensure, and accreditation standards related to nursing and communicates changes to nursing staff.
8. Oversees the ongoing management of organizational nursing tasks such as POC testing, vaccine ordering and reporting, standing orders, etc.
1. Licensed as an RN in the state of Massachusetts
2. Bachelors in Nursing or related field; Masters degree preferred.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills through at least 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
Who We Are
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center is a private, non-profit community health center serving over 100 communities. Founded in 1972 by seven women who were seeking better access to health care for their families, we have been serving the greater Worcester area for 43 years, and Framingham and the greater Metrowest area for nine years.
We utilize a family practice model of care, including preventive care, routine checkups, immunizations, and management of acute and chronic illnesses.
What We Do
Health care services are provided by board-certified, caring medical professionals. In addition, the Health Center has a large staff of Community Health Workers, Health Educators, and Behavioral Health Professionals. We offer friendly, professional, multilingual staff critical to providing:
Comprehensive medical, dental, and specialty care,
Health education and nutritional counseling,
Optometry and ophthalmology services,
On-site and discount pharmacy services, and
Assistance navigating the health care system.
We also maintain a team of social workers and case managers who help patients overcome the social barriers that keep them from good health and good health care. Through the efforts of our highly trained staff, and in partnership with other community agencies, we provide:
Social service case management,
Extended support services to people living with HIV,
Patient education and community prevention programs, and
Many more programs and services to serve our patients and communities.
Medical insurance with a 75% subsidy for full time employees
Generous time-off policies
Retirement savings plan
Growth opportunitiesCompany Description
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center has several locations providing a wide range of primary care and dental services in the Central MA and Metro West areas. Employees care about our patients, the organization, their fellow employees, as well as their community. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community; we encourage and welcome applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We offer a wide range of benefits to our regular employees including paid time off, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, a retirement plan, and life & disability insurance.