Registered Nurse RN - Full-time hours
We are seeking a Wellness Registered Nurse to cover on a temporary basis for someone on medical leave. This will be a full time hours temporary position. You will be responsible to provide nursing assessment, service coordination, and case management to Independent Living and Assisted Living Residents to promote wellness and maintain independence. Receives administrative direction from the Director of Outpatient Services.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Three to five years nursing experience in geriatric population
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Licensed RN in the State of California.
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
Come join us and see why we earned a place on the San Francisco Business Journal's "Best Places to Work in the Bay Area" list for seven years! Located in downtown Oakland, St. Paul's Towers has a staff who provides focused services designed to contribute to ongoing health, well-being, and enrichment. Episcopal Senior Communities has owned and operated St. Paul's Towers since 1966 and offers a positive work environment where teamwork, open communication, and professionalism are emphasized.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.