RN - CVICU - Dallas, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
The CVICU is a highly specialized adult intensive care unit. It is comprised of 15 inpatient beds. The unit specializes in the immediate post-operative care of coronary artery bypass surgery, heart transplant, heart valves ventricular assist device placement, esophageal and thoracic procedures and post op vascular surgeries. Our population of patients may include MI, heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmias, hypothermia post-cardiac arrest and cardiogenic shock.
The CVICU RN performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular ICU Service Line.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ACC patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote a supportive environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in CVICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
RnCruiter, a division of DrCruiter is owned and operated by clinicians, for clinicians and highly qualified healthcare professionals.... and different than all other healthcare executive staffing companies!
Visit www.DrCruiter.com for more information!